Some tips for cleaning duvets, comforters, quilts and blankets:
- Always read the care label before cleaning! Duvets have different fillings including silk, bamboo, synthetic and down, which should all need to be treated as per their own specifications.
- A duvet covers helps shield allergy sufferers from a build-up of dust.
- Duvets with a duvet cover don’t need to be cleaned as often as a decorative comforter.
- To remove moisture and mildew, try dyer balls or tennis balls in the dryer. This helps prevent the feathers from clumping.
- Clean winter linens before storing for the summer.
- Don’t break your washing machine! Most home washing machines can’t handle the weight of the cycle needed to clean a duvet. For the best result, duvets should be cleaned in an industrial sized machine.
To have your duvets and comforters cleaned, simply drop everything off at one of our locations or arrange for free pick-up and delivery by calling 416-239-2301 or using our online form.